• Has support for optional parameters that makes COM interoperability much easy.
• With Option Strict off late binding is supported.Legacy VB functionalities can be
used by using Microsoft.VisualBasic namespace.
• Has the WITH construct which is not in C#.
• The VB.NET parts of Visual Studio .NET compiles your code in the background.
While this is considered an advantage for small projects, people creating very
large projects have found that the IDE slows down considerably as the project
Advantages of C#
• XML documentation is generated from source code but this is now been
incorporated in Whidbey.
• Operator overloading which is not in current VB.NET but is been introduced in
• Use of this statement makes unmanaged resource disposal simple.
• Access to Unsafe code. This allows pointer arithmetic etc, and can improve
performance in some situations. However, it is not to be used lightly, as a lot of
the normal safety of C# is lost (as the name implies).This is the major difference
that you can access unmanaged code in C# and not in VB.NET.
Reference: .NET Interview Questions 4 th Edition By Shivprasad Koirala